Monday, March 9, 2009

Grand Caymen Island

I thought this picture was appropriate!   Not really, I guess to some people taking 6 kids on a cruise would be hell, it was heaven for the first 7 days.  Then hell started creeping up on us the last 3, well I should really say creeping up on me.  I got a little antsy and grumpy toward the end of our trip.  Our kids loved  being in our room all at the same time so 8 of us in a 3 X 3 room and everyone has to be making some kind of noise over and over again.  Finally after being so patient I couldn't stand the noise one second longer and poor Daniel who was singing a love song for me  that goes something like this...."I love my mom, I love my mom, I love my mom etc etc etc etc......."  got the brunt of my frustations!  I snapped...."SHUT UP, SHUT UP SHUT UP"  I did it, I totally said the "S" word which is usually forbidden in the Thomas house.  I grabbed my running shoes, headed to the gym and ran almost 9 miles on a treadmill,  that was some serious frustrations being sweat out.  I felt much better after a great run.We rented this tiny little mini van that seriously was as big as my little car.  It really felt like a tin tuna can.  We laughed as we screeched around corners on two wheels afraid it might tip over. The kids loved it.
We don't love following the crowds of cruise tourists so at every island we rent a car and drive far away from the touristy stuff.  We found this turtle place that was so amazing.  We were almost the only people there.  We were able to handle and hold thousands of turtles without any supervision at all.  The kids were fascinated. 



We got to snorkel with the big sea turtles and tropical fish.  Really it was so great.  If anyone is planning on going to Grand Caymen go to the turtle place you wont regret it.  Sting Ray city is fun but toooooo crowded and rushed.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the story of D-man singing you a love song. That's funny stuff! I bet Spencer was in heaven being able to touch all those turtles. I am glad you had such a great time, but I am more glad that you are back home! We missed you tons!

Chip and Lisa said...

That looks like such a fun trip and I love the picture of Daniel holding the turtle. So sweet. What a fun family memory. Next time I want to come!!! I only have one question.... what is that midget doing to your hair in your family picture in front of the cruise boat? Is he your personal stylist or your manny? Im just teasing but that made me laugh!!!

Chip and Lisa said...

That looks like such a fun trip and I love the picture of Daniel holding the turtle. So sweet. What a fun family memory. Next time I want to come!!! I only have one question.... what is that midget doing to your hair in your family picture in front of the cruise boat? Is he your personal stylist or your manny? Im just teasing but that made me laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember when I saw the turtles for the first time - with your dad - it was a fun cruise - but we weren't brave or courageous enough to take all you kids!! Love Mimi